Anxiety Therapy-Counselor in Wake Forest, NC
What is anxiety?
Everyone gets anxious or nervous from time to time-when speaking in public, for example, or going through a “rough patch” in your relationship. Anxiety is a brain’s way of preparing us to a take an action (like jumping out of the way of a speeding car) and deal with real life dangers. So some anxiety is a good thing!
For some people, however, anxiety becomes so frequent and so forceful that it begins to take over their lives. They first find themselves not been able to turn of their brains. They are constantly busy, juggling hundred different things at once. Later, they can’t stop worrying and over analyzing everything because they like the feeling of being “in control.” And even though it looks like they are being very productive on the outside, on the inside they feel miserable and terrified.
Does this describe you?
- You are always busy and feel restless
- You hate uncertainty and you find yourself wanting to control every aspect of your life
- You are sick of the constant chatter in your head telling you that you are not good enough, important enough (especially to your partner), or lovable enough
- You ruminate anxiously about things that already happened
- Anxiety starts to show up in your body: you feel tense, short breath, and even nauseous
- Shutting down in your relationships and avoiding dealing with things has become a norm even though you hate it
Does this describe what you want?
- To be able to engage with the world from a place of worthiness
- To learn how to allow yourself to be more you and be okay with the unknown
- To stop overanalyzing
- To learn how to feel calm, secure, and competent
If you are a chronic worrier who feels tormented by anxious thoughts, call me today at (703) 347 3200 for your FREE 15 min consultation to discuss strategies to help learn how to feel calm, let go of the fear of unknown and stop worse case thinking now and for all.
How can anxiety therapy help you?
Feel calm, peaceful, and confident
Feel in control of your emotions
Feel more optimistic and positive about life